I'm in complete favour of quick easy food that can be thrown together in moments and are super nutritious and delicious. Nori wraps are are are great way to get the benefits of seaweed into our diet and are a perfect filling meal.
There are a couple of essentials I always try to have to hand - tahini (preferably raw if you can get it), miso, lemons, home-made sauerkraut and nori sheets. Tasty extras are Sea Clear and Umeboshi. Seaclear is a fermented mix of chlorella, kelp & miso. Umeboshi is a pickled fermented plum that is lovely and sour. Only a tiny amount of either is needed as they are so dense in flavour.
If you don't fancy making a raw pate or have the time to whip up a sauce or cauliflower rice, simply mash up an avocado or spread a thin layer of hummus onto your wrap (cooked or raw hummus).
50g coconut flakes
1/2 head of cauliflower
10g coconut oil
salt & pepper
blend all ingredients together until rice size
One of my favourite quick paste recipes:-
- place 1 small spoonful of raw tahini into a bowl
- squeeze in juice of 1/2 a lemon & mix together
- add approximately 1 tsp of your favourite miso
- if a little sticky, stir in a drop of filtered water until you have a nice smooth paste
- Add superfoods (optional) - if you have shaman shack 'Sea Clear' (fermented chlorella, kelp & miso paste), add 1/2 tsp. If not, then experiment with your favourite superfood - eg 1/2 tsp maca, kelp or foti root all work well.
- once nice and smooth, spread onto wrap then fill wrap with whatever takes your fancy.
- Lots of fresh veg - salad leaves, spinach, grated carrot, sliced cucumber, peppers
- Add fermented veg - sauerkraut or kimchi
- Pickled or marinated veggies (anti-pasto such as aubergine, artichoke or mushrooms work well)
- Sprinkle in some sprouts (for enzymes,
b-vitamins and huge detox benefits)
- For a spicy kick, spread a thin layer of umeboshi paste or wasabi along the edge of the wrap